Who we are
Control of your data to you
The General Data Protection Regulation or \”GDPR\” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to restrict processing – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to data portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right to object – the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation and the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to withdraw consent – If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
- Promotional Communications – you may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those messages or by contacting us at any time. If you opt out from promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts – with your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
In case you have any concerns or queries regarding your privacy, your rights or how to exercise them feel free to drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data we collect from users
- You will be required to provide certain required personal data to create an account, such as your name, email address, password and date of birth. You also have the option to provide us other information about yourself, such as a profile photo, biography, country information, and website.
- When you create and share content using our Services, we collect any personal data included in that content.
- Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you use the Services. Log Data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services.
- We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you post or listen to, the features you use, the actions you take, the other Users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
What we use your personal data for
- To communicate with you for service and promotion related purposes.
- To provide, personalise, and improve your experience by analysing your use of the Services, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Services.
Sharing your data
We may share or disclose your personal data under the following circumstances, or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- Social Media Services. If you elect to access and use Social Media Services, you will be sharing your information (which could include personal data) with those Social Media Services and others on the Social Media Services platform.
- Public Profile Information and Posts. Your public user profile information and public posts are immediately delivered via RSS feeds and our APIs to our partners and other third parties, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate the Services content into their services.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. The Services are designed to enable creators to broadly and instantly disseminate information to a wide range of listeners and services. When you share information or content via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public.
- Business Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganisation, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your personal data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements. We will share your personal data when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order, or a subpoena. We also will also share your personal data where we in good faith believe that it is necessary for the purpose of our own, or a third party’s legitimate interest relating to national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation, protecting the safety of any person, or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, provided that we deem that such interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your personal data.
Data retention & deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Services, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data, such as your user data and user content, for as long as you are a user of the Services.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information required to send these communications until you opt out of receiving these communications in accordance with our policies.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies and how we use them
- Essential cookies: Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
- Functionality cookies: Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and timezone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party). We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
- Targeting/advertising cookies: Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party).We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
Please note that this Policy only applies to the Services. When using the Services, you may find links to other websites not operated or controlled by us (“Third Party Sites”), including the Social Media Services. The information that you share with Third Party Sites will be governed by the specific privacy policies and terms of service of the Third Party Sites and not by this Policy. By providing these links we do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed these Third Party Sites. Please contact any Third Party Sites directly for information on their privacy practices and policies.
Safety of your data
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a strong password that is unique to your Anchor account, never share your password with anyone, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Services.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. The Services are also not offered to children whose age makes it illegal to process their personal data or requires parental consent for the processing of their personal data under the GDPR or other local law.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the Services, and do not provide any personal data to us.
If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data to us, please contact us, and you may request exercise of your applicable rights detailed in the ‘Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control’ Section 3 of this Policy.
If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. This may require us to delete the account for that child.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy and, in case of material changes, we will provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Thank you for reading our Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.